The Alaska Department of Fish and Game announced today that the lingcod sport fishing seasons, bag and possession limits, annual limits, and size limits have been established for the (see attached map). In this area the following regulations apply:
- Season: May 16 – November 30.
- Residents – 1 daily, 2 in possession, no size limit.
- Nonresidents – 1 daily, 1 in possession, size limit: 35 inches or greater in length and less than 50 inches in length, or 55 inches or greater in length. Annual limit of 2 fish, of which only one may be 55 inches or greater in length.
- Nonresident anglers shall immediately record the date and location (body of water fished), in ink, of all lingcod harvested either on the back of their sport fishing license or on their nontransferable harvest record
- Charter operators and crew members may not retain lingcod while clients are on board the vessel.
These regulations are also outlined on page 16 within the Southeast Alaska 2018 Sport Fishing Regulations Summary. The Southeast Alaska 2018 Sport Fishing Regulation Summaries are available at all local ADF&G Sport Fish Division offices, online at http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/
These regulations are designed to ensure that the sport harvest of lingcod stays within fishery allocations established by the Alaska Board of Fisheries.